March 23 – 29, 2018
Melina Brufman is an exquisite dancer and acclaimed maestra of Argentine Tango with an outstanding international reputation. Her remarkable body of creation includes performances and teaching at events and festivals all over the world as well as choreography work for some of the most famous Tango shows such as “Tanguera” or “Forever Tango” (see a more detailed overview below). She is also part of the official selected jury for the Tango World Championship in Buenos Aires since 2005.
Now, she is returning to Seattle, excited to visit our community and to share her wisdom and experience in a series of workshops and private classes.
Friday, March 23, 7.30-9:30pm: Follow’s Technique
Tango Experts studio – 7601 Greenwood Ave N, entrance on 76th Street.
Saturday, March 24, 2-5 pm: Workshops Day 1
Part 1: Stylish resolution for getting out or routine movements.
Part 2: Foundations for ganchos without fear.
Sunday, March 25, 2-5 pm: Workshops Day 2
Part 1: Change of rhythm in sacadas for her and him.
Part 2: Adding complexity to the sequence, go as far as you can!
Follow’s Technique: $35.00
Workshop 1-day-pass (Saturday OR Sunday): $80.00
Workshop 2-day-pass (Saturday AND Sunday): $140.00
You can sign up with a partner or without. We will try to match you with a student, space is based on availability.
We will try to keep the classes balanced and the maximum number of extra leads or follows is 3.
Private lessons with Melina are available Monday, March 26 to Thursday, March 29. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The lessons will be held at Patty Leverett home studio in Kikrland.
Some highlights of Milena’s career so far:
– Performing in Tango Musicals, e.g. “Tanguera”, “Forever Tango”
– Director of choreography, e.g. “Tango Elemento”, “Duas Beiras”,
“Tango Encoded Episodes”
– 2007-2009: Resident choreographer and main feminine role in “Eternamente Tango” (performed every night in Buenos Aires)
– 2006-2010: “Otango” company, Buenos Aires
– 2011-2013: “M¡ilonga”, a tango creation by contemporary artist Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui
– 2014: Choreography work for movie “Un Tango Mas” (directed by German Kral) and “Intimotango” show (Otango)
– 2015: Choreographer and dancer in “habitaDos” (Centro Cultural Ernesto Sabado)
– 2017: “Estudio N2” at the “IV Festival Rojas Danza” and “Festival Internacional Cambalache”
– Teaching and perfomances at events and festivals, amongst other: “TangoMagic” in Amsterdam, Netherlands • “Oster Tango” in Basel, Schwitzerland • Berlin Tango Festival, Germany • Chicago Tango Week • Smith Tango Festival in L.A • NJ Tango Festival • Nora’s Tango Week in San Francisco • Baltimore TangoElement • Cosmotango in Buenos Aires • MisterioTango in Buenos Aires • ZuccaTango Festival in Milan, Italy.